Monday, October 02, 2006

I've Never Felt Christ Like I Did Today

I’ve Never Felt Christ Like I Did Today.
By: David Zimmer
Dedicated to the loving memory of Jody Frankfurt at 3:00 pm on Saturday, September 30th at St. John’s Hospital; who went to be with the Lord in paradise. I will see you soon my precious Jode.



I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
In a hospital room
On the darkest of days.
As I watched all the life
Flush from her sweet face,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.

I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
To watch a man smile
As he kneels and he prays,
For God to take the weight,
Bare his burden of pain,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.

I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
To see the sun rise
And shine through the rain,
But to watch it then set
And leave as she lays,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.

I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
To see true love last
As the world goes insane,
A new surge of life
That will run through my veins,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.

I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
I watched a man break
And mold into shape,
As he quietly kisses
And holds his soul mate,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.


I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
To be in a place
And participate
In the Spirit that works
Regardless of fate,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.

I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
To give into hope
And forfeit debate,
About why she must go
And why must we stay,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.

I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
I ache to go home
And forget the wait,
But I think about Jesus
And the price that he paid,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.

I’ve never felt Christ like I did today;
To reach to the lost
And practice my faith.
To show the world love
Despite all the hate,
I’ve never felt Christ like I did today.

She’s never felt Christ like she did today;
As she opens her eyes,
To His precious face,
She will walk streets of gold,
And kiss heavens gates,
She’s never felt Christ like she did today.

5 Comments:

Blogger mijah said...

Thank you for your testimony, brother.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Tk log said...

Skitch, praise God. That is all I can say.

8:59 AM  
Blogger L. Neuman said...

Thanks brother Praise His Holy Name

12:09 AM  
Blogger theGracegirl said...

Dave, that's wonderful. I am awestruck at the thought of the joy she's experiencing right now.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hi David,

I'm Annie, Jody's sister...I am blown away by this poem you have written. It is beautiful and has brought tears to my eyes. I was in the room after Jody passed away and I remember you so well.

I really miss my sister, but I find so much hope in the reality that she is alive with Christ. I can't wait to see her again in Heaven!

You're an awesome young man and I love your parents!

Annie

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home